If you work with Extensions in Dynamics NAV there is a fair chance that you’ve seen this message.
Today I got it again, waisted half an hour of my live and decided to blog about it.
What happened is that I have a Page Extension with the same variable name as already exists in my C/Side page.
I’m working with NAV2018 CU17 and the compiler did not complain about this and the publishing process went fine. When you try to open the page the client crashes and this error is what you get in the Windows Event log.
Today I got this error message while publishing an extension to our Development system. Since our Development system just moved to Azure last week our Azure Specialist and I spent some time troubleshooting this.
As always with these things the root cause was not in Azure SQL, but in my C/AL code in C/Side.
Our database is hybrid and what I did is removing a codeunit. This was a cleanup since we moved one of our custom DLL’s into an Azure Function.
The root cause of the AL0132 was a global variable pointing to a non existing codeunit.
‘Codeunit’ does not contain a definition for ‘xServer Management’