Dynamics NAV 2009 is an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software product from Microsoft that can be used for variety of business needs. It is part of the Microsoft Dynamics family, and intended to assist with finance, manufacturing, Customer Relationship Management, supply chains, analytics, and electronic commerce for small and medium-sized enterprises.
This book is a focused tutorial on Microsoft Dynamics NAV application development, so you can develop complete applications and not just application outlines. It will show NAV developers how to create different kinds of applications. Different kinds of application are vital in different industries like fashion, automobile, retail, books (education), and other industries. It starts off by introducing the supply chain that you will be using throughout the book. You will implement the Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP suite and learn how it is set up and customized for various industries.
You will be able to customize Dynamics NAV to suit the different aspects of a business such as Financial Management, Relationship Management, Production, Jobs, Trade, Storage, Logistics, and so on. The book will take you through these Microsoft-designed application features and show you how to customize and extend them safely. Thus, you will be able to create a structure of your own in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
What You Will Learn
- Implement Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP suite with a sample industry application throughout the book
- Set up Dynamics NAV and customize it for various industries including fashion, retail, and the automobile industry
- Get to grips with key Dynamics NAV features such as Inventory Valuation, Item Tracking, and Reservations
- Learn about B2B and B2C Interfacing and the fundamentals of Application Design
- Learn and customize application features designed by Microsoft such as Financial Management, CRM, Manufacturing, Distribution / Wholesale, and Retail and extend them safely
- Design your applications to have a good balance between cost of ownership and functionality
- Analyze operation data based on sales demographics using Dynamics NAV CRM
- Extend your core applications using interfaces such as Flatfile, CSV, XMLports, ADO, EDI standards, and web services
About This Book
- Learn how Dynamics NAV ERP suite is set up and customized for various industries
- Integrate numerous parts of a company’s operations including financial reporting, sales, order management, inventory, and forecasting
- Develop complete applications and not just skeleton systems
- Covers the design and implementation of two new add-on services: The Squash application and the Storage & Logistics application
- Also usable for previous versions such as 3.x, 4.0, and 5.0
- Easy-to-read style, packed with hard-won practical advice
- Real-world examples with step-by-step explanations
Who This Book Is For
If you are a NAV consultant and developer, or designer of business applications you will benefit most from this book.
The book assumes that you have a basic understanding of business management systems and application development, with a working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.