This book is a focused tutorial on Microsoft Dynamics NAV application development to help you develop complete applications and not just application outlines.
This hands-on guide starts off by introducing the supply chain that you will be using throughout the book. You will then implement the Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP suite and learn to set it up and customize it for various industries. You will learn how to customize Dynamics NAV to suit the different aspects of a business such as financial management, relationship management, production, jobs, trade, storage, logistics, and so on. The book will take you through these Microsoft-designed application features and show you how to customize and extend them safely. Therefore, by the end of this book, you will be able to create a structure of your own in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- What You Will Learn
- Set up and customize the Dynamics NAV ERP suite for various industries
- Study dozens of design patterns used in standard applications
- Customize Microsoft’s application features and extend them safely
- Use blueprints, design patterns, and application objects for Equipment Reservations and Transport Management
- Master the fundamentals of application design and learn about B2B and B2C interfacing
- Design applications that strike a balance between total cost of ownership and functionality
- Extend your core applications using interfaces with flat file, CSV, XMLPorts, ADO, EDIFACT, and web services
About This Book
- Set up your application for a number of vertical industries and scenarios
- Get acquainted with Dynamics NAV’s data model and transaction schema with the help of highly efficient design patterns
- Consists of two completely designed and explained vertical solutions, including application objects
Who This Book Is For
If you are a NAV consultant and developer or a designer of business applications, you will benefit most from this book. This book assumes that you have a basic understanding of business management systems and application development with working knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics NAV.